Bicester Village: Post Covid Visitor’s Guide
A day trip out of all the major cities and heading to designer outlets—where the clothes are a fraction of the price of the main stores—is a far more relaxed environment to shop in. I’d take that over going to any mall tbh.
One of these particular destinations is Bicester Village, Oxfordshire.
Bicester Village is an outlet village, which oozes luxury, not just by means of the designer shops it boasts; including names such as Gucci, Christian Louboutin , Dior, Gucci and Jimmy Choo, to name but a few, but the whole experience is second to none.
Post Covid, a lot of things have changed, everything is being done with great care. Our shopping experiences have changed, and let me say, they have changed for the better.
If you’re planning a trip to Bicester Village any time soon, here’s what you need to know.
1. The Best time for visiting is 9am- 11am: Yup, you read that right, the earlier you go, the better your shopping experience will be. It’ll be less crowded which will give you more time to browse through the stores.
2. Face Coverings are now mandatory for everyone: In line with the new government guidelines face coverings must be worn at all times inside stores. So make sure you take your face masks with you, they are also available to purchase at the village.
3. Social Distancing and Digital Queues: Bicester Village has introduced a Digital Queuing system to reduce waiting in line, which is honestly a blessing!! Now you can now book a space in a digital queue at some of our boutiques and receive a SMS with your entry time. When you’re ready to go back, you just show the store staff the SMS at the door. Also, the number of people allowed inside each store has reduced, so no one will be pushing or shoving into you while you shop.
4. Temperature Check at arrival: All visitors will have their temperature scanned at all entry points of the village. (You will also be asked to sanitize your hands)
5. Hand Sanitizers: You must sanitise your hands when entering any store. They are available throughout the village.
6. Food and Restaurants: Some restaurants are now open but most of them are taking orders for takeaways. They also have a digital queuing system. Food kiosks however, are open at all times.