Follow these steps if you want smooth, bouncy hair
Between building a business empire and keeping up with your hectic social life, it’s fairly obvious you don’t have the time for an indulgent beauty ritual, no matter how good a multi-tasker you are. To ensure your glorious mane doesn’t bear the brunt of this hectic urban life, it’s important to master the basic techniques to shampooing, conditioning and masking. Senior hairstylist at Lakme Absolute Salon, Minaxi Rathore, shows us how.
Hair Conditioning 101
“Shampoo opens up the hair cuticles, so it’s very important to follow up your cleansing routine with conditioner, which seals in the moisture,” explains Minaxi.
– Wash the shampoo off completely.
– Squeeze a coin-sized amount of conditioner into your hand before spreading it evenly across both palms.
– Use your fingers to evenly distribute the conditioner through the hair, making sure you gently massage the product into the hair shaft as you work your way from top to bottom.
– Avoid getting conditioner onto your scalp, concentrate instead on the ends.
– Finish by rinsing the hair with cold water to close the cuticle.
– Schedule time once every 15 days for a hair spa, especially if you have chemically treated hair. Lakme Absolute Salons offer a variety of treatments from the Kera Spa with a Keratin infusion which strengthens damaged tresses to the TressPlex Spa therapy which uses Olaplex bond multiplier to soothe chemically treated hair. We’re fans of the Kera Spa treatment, which worked as an instant pick-me-up for hair that’s spent too much time in the summer sun. The 45-minute treatment banished unruly kinks and tamed knots we had given up hope of ever subduing. That’s 45 minutes well spent.