By Naima Zahin
So it’s your wedding and you want to look your best, obviously (along with all the fun you’re going to have on your big day) Everything else has been taken of – your clothes,shoes, bling-bling jewellery, dances for your mehndi, your dramatic entrance … but hang on, you still haven’t booked a makeup artist!! (Bridezilla-On, start panicking) You want to sit back, relax and take countless selfies while someone pampers you and makes you look fabulous for the event. You have to figure out where you’re going to get that done.You ask family and friends, and they go on and on about their countless good/bad experiences, leaving you confused and frustrated! Well, worry not – this article is just want you need.
When looking for a suitable make up artist, be sure to look out for:
- Someone who you’re comfortable with – I’ve seen women being treated horribly by their makeup artists and vice versa *ouch*. Its always good to set up a meeting prior to the event. Show the MUA your dress, that always gives them a better idea.
- Makeup artist’s portfolio – going through his/her previous work will give you an idea of what you are in for. Go through your Makeup artist’s Instagram profile too. Always a good idea.
- An expert in photographic makeup – not every makeup artist can give you the perfect look you want for your pictures (memories in other words) You don’t want to live with photographs where you look like a character from The Adams Family or Ainak Waala Jinn!
- Reviews – go online and do a little research on the makeup artist you’re booking. Read through the customer reviews – Seeing how others feel about him/her will help you in making your final decision!
- Discuss what exactly you’re looking for- whether you want a dramatic smokey eye or something simpler, tell your makeup artist exactly what look you’re going for.