Wouldn’t it just be great if our skin looked flawless all the time? As seasons change, so should our skincare routines. For example, every winter we all struggle with skin dryness, sometimes leading to eczema. Here are some tips for keeping your skin moisturised in winter.
- For really dry and scaly skin use coconut oil. Its a miracle worker. Beauty experts swear by it. (And its Super affordable)
- Skip really hot showers. As tempting as it is to take a nice steamy shower , it’s better to avoid it or reduce your shower time.
- For dry hands and feet nothing works better than Petroleum Jelly. Slather some on your feet and wear socks. Your feet will start feeling smooth and soft just after two days.
- Scrubbing can also help prevent dryness. Use a body scrub that suits your skin type and start scrubbin’.
- Lipbalm for dry or chapped lips (Duh!), avoid Lipbalms that contain lanolin. Your Lipbalm should be fragrance free. Otherwise you’re basically just welcoming dryness with open arms.
- Always wear Sunblock- yes even in winter. The sun’s rays are harmful and can cause a lot of damage to your skin, do not forget to use it when going out.
- Don’t ignore your hair, oiling regularly is great but it’s also good to deep condition it once in a while. Repeat at least twice a week.
- Moisturiser is your Best Friend, whatever chance you get, keep moisturising your hands and feet wherever needed!
- Drink plenty of water. We don’t get as thirsty in winter as compared to summer but if you want healthy skin, you’ll have to drink lots and lots of water.
Over and out! xo xo